Did you know we have a Japanese pop start studying at Tti School!! Mel interviews Yuji in the sunshine on the Tti 2 terrace about his new album with his band Weaver and asks him some questions about his music background and more all on our latest Tti Podcast episode!
Tti Podcast – Episode 2 – Interview with Yuji Sugimoto by Ttischool on Mixcloud
Listening Comprehension Activity & Vocabulary
Present Perfect Simple & Continuous/ Future Continuous
Fill in the gaps:
Mel asks Yuji : How long __________ you _____________ ______________ the piano and ______________ with Weaver?
Yuji responds: I have __________ in this band ______ 10 years.
Mel: How many albums have you __________________ ?
Yuji: I have _________ ________ albums.
Yuji uses the Future Continuous tense – Can you fill it in?
This album will ______________ __________________ out the 11th of June.
Do you know when to use the Future Continuous? Write us why in the comments below!
Music Business Vocabulary:
- To release an album – when an album will be released it means it will start to be sold commercially on the market
- Phrasal Verb Alert! - You can also say an album will come out .
- compose songs – write songs
- write lyrics – write the text of the song
- When musicians go into a studio to make a cd we say to record an album
- Mel says Camden Town has a “great reputation for music”
Reputation means the beliefs or opinions that are generally held about someone or something.
Why is the band called ” Weaver”?
Why is the name of the new album “ID” ?
Have you been to Koko recently to see a band? What’s your favourite band? Do you play in a band ? Let us know in the comments below!
For more information on Weaver – You can find them at www.weaver.jp
For their new video check out -http://goo.gl/k4uqIk
On twitter they can be found here – https://twitter.com/WEAVER_STAFF
Thanks Yuji for helping put this show together!