Happy New Year everyone!! We thought we’d choose some exciting events happening in 2015 here in the Big Smoke (London ) Big thanks to our intern ,Hava, for helping to put this together!
- Until the 18th of January you can check out Swan Lake at the English National Ballet – Tickets start from only £10 – http://www.ballet.org.uk/whats-on/swan-lake/
- Also , starting in mid-January is The Ruling Class with Hollywood heartthrob -James McAvoy ! This is a West End cult classic revival! http://trafalgartransformed.com/whats-on/the-ruling-class
- Chinese New Year in London’s Chinatown! The Chinese Year of the Sheep is coming our way and as usual London’s vibrant Chinatown will have celebrations all day! The date is February 19th – More details can be found on Time Out’s website http://www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/chinese-new-year-in-london
- In March, London’s Irish community will hit the streets for singing and dancing in the annual St. Patrick’s Day parade! This year it all falls on a Saturday the 15th of March St. Patty’s day of course is on the 17th of March but here in London we start celebrating early!
- Also in March, a new Alexander McQueen exhibition - Savage Beauty- is kicking off at the Victoria and Albert Museum ! Is Fashion your thing? Check out this site to book tickets & more! – http://www.vam.ac.uk/content/exhibitions/exhibition-alexander-mcqueen-savage-beauty/ On till the 19th of July so plenty of time to catch it!
- The world famous London Marathon is on this month! Get your running shoes on or go cheer the runners on the sidelines! More details can be found here – http://www.virginmoneylondonmarathon.com/en-gb/
- Why not take a trip to the National Theatre on the South Bank to check out the critically acclaimed show – The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime ! Get your tickets here -http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/shows/the-curious-incident-of-the-dog-in-the-night-time-at-the-gielgud-theatre
- Camden Rocks Festival is set for Saturday the 30th of May this year! Check out some of the hottest up and coming indie bands in town! 200 venues, 200 bands! All in our neighbourhood. More details can be found here – http://camdenrocksfestival.com/
- London’s Field Day Festival is always a great time! Live music to kick start summer! What more could you want? Check it all our here – http://fielddayfestivals.com/news/
- The Natural History Museum is displaying some of the most fascinating wildlife photos from around the globe! You can check it all out until October! More info on how to get a ticket is all here – http://www.nhm.ac.uk/visit/exhibitions/wildlife-photographer-of-the-year-2014-exhibition.html
- Camden Fringe Festival – This festival is becoming more and more important each year for the theatre and comedy scene in the UK ! It all happens right here in Camden Town – You can find all the listings for Comedy & Theatre here http://www.camdenfringe.com/
- Notting Hill Carnival ! At the end of August every year we have the Notting Hill Carnival in the heart of (you guessed it) Notting Hill! Keep an eye on the website for the dates in August. It is always a good time with live sound systems, a parade, dancing and more! http://www.thenottinghillcarnival.com/
- Every year the Thames River becomes a spectacular display of live music, arts & crafts stands, fireworks and more! Visit – www.totallythames.org/ to find out the dates in September!