In part 2 of this series on how to save money while studying in London Mel gives you her top 5 picks for live music under £10 in Camden!
1. Blues Kitchen – This has to be one of my favourite places to go here in Camden! They have live music on every night starting around 10pm! From Blues to Soul it is always a party at The Blues Kitchen! http://theblueskitchen.com/camden
2. Koko Theatre – This club used to be called the Camden Palace until around 1982 when it was turned into ‘Koko’ as the locals call it! The theatre itself has been around since 1900 and is one of the best places to hear live music or to go dancing in Camden! Friday night students can get discounts on tickets and a lot of shows cost only £6! http://www.koko.uk.com
3. Joe’s - In Chalk Farm, there is a little gem where you can hear soul, R&B & Motown hits! It’s not the biggest venue in camden but they are open till 3 am and it’s free before 11 pm! Only £3 after that! http://www.joescamden.co.uk
4. The Lock Tavern – For all you indie rock fans The Lock Tavern near Camden Market is the place to go! Free entry for most of their live shows & some great beer on tap! http://www.lock-tavern.com/listings
5. The Dublin Castle – This legendary music venue has hosted the likes of Blur, Coldplay, Supergrass, The Killers, The Arctic Monkeys, Billy Bragg & more! Their tickets are usually under a tenner (£10) & has become an indie rock institution! http://thedublincastle.com
Join my FREE webinar on the 17th of June at 1 pm BST to learn more about how to have an amazing time in London without breaking the bank! Click HERE.