There is no need to feel stranded in London on the 25th of December ! There are plenty of things to do on Christmas day and it’s actually a great opportunity to enjoy a quieter and more tranquil London!
1. Visit London’s green parks! – As many of us know, transportation goes quiet on Christmas day so we think its the perfect opportunity to discover one of London’s lovely parks! Wrap up warm and go for a festive stroll! Nearby Camden you have – Regents Park, panoramic views from Primrose Hill and Hampstead Heath is quite close as well!
2. Hire a Barclay bike! There is less traffic on Christmas day than any other time of the year so what better way to enjoy London’s peaceful streets than with a bike ride! They are easy to hire and can be found all over the city! You can look up a hiring station here – http://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/barclays-cycle-hire?intcmp=2295
3. Have a drink at the pub! - Not all the pubs will be shut and are happy to welcome you to warm your cockles with a nice mulled wine, craft beer or spirit . 2 pubsopen in the Camden area are The Spread Eagle on Parkway and the Flask in leafy Hampstead!
4. Get active ! Take a walk around historical London! Ride that Barclay bike down to Trafalgar square for a walking tour! Some of London’s best tour companies will be running walking tours around London. The London Walks company has one tour at 11am CHRISTMAS MORNING, 1660 – SAMUEL PEPYS’ LONDON Trafalgar Square (meet by the Christmas tree) and another one at 2pm THE CHRISTMAS DAY CHARLES DICKENS’ LONDON WALK Trafalgar Square (meet by the Christmas tree) – You can find all the details here – http://www.walks.com/
5. Go ice skating in North London! The Jewish Community centre’s ice ring will be open on Christmas and is located near Finchley Road (just North of Camden!). There will be food , drinks and more! Details available here – https://www.jw3.org.uk
We asked a member of the Tti team to tell us about their plans for Christmas. One of our teachers, Sam , who has lived in London his whole life filled us in on what he will be up to for the holiday this year!