Our Sales Executive and Culture expert Mel has put together a list of cool off the beaten path events happening in London this Autumn ! Autumn or Fall as she would say in American English is a favourite seasons ! It reminds her of home in NY! (Halloween obviously!!)
1. Theatre – You Me Bum Bum train! – This is not just a fun name for a theatre group but it’s actually one of the best immersive theatre experiences you can have in London! You can even volunteer and get involved in the show! On till the end of October ! Find out more here – http://www.bumbumtrain.com/get-involved/
2. Film – The BFI Film festival is back! The Bfi film festival runs from the 7th to 18th of October and features some amazing cinematic experiences! You can check out some of the most cutting edge films from around the world as well as stand in Leicester Square and stare as A-list Hollywood actors/actresses walk down the red carpets! Find out more here – http://www.bfi.org.uk
3. Go south of the river! Check out the programme at Bussey Building and I’m sure you won’t be disappoitned. Yes it’s in Peckham bit far from us up in Camden but you’ll find so many cool things to do and there’s always great live music on! They have an ongoing South London Soul Train festival which is super fun next one is October 3rd!
4. Live Music! In November , there is the London Jazz festival , this ten day celebration of Jazz features some of the best names in Jazz today! It kicks off the 13th to the 22nd of November! http://www.efglondonjazzfestival.org.uk Don’t like Jazz? There are so many venues for live music around Camden and London there is literally something for everyone!
5. Do something different on Halloween! You can check out Highgate cemetery nearby Camden Town to walk around the graveyards or check out the spooky Ghost Tour at Museum of London Docklands
http://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/ Though I must admit that Halloween in London is famous for its parties too ! I always loved Koko on the final Saturday of the month which is all about guilty pleasures! Check it out here! http://www.guiltypleasures.co.uk