Teacher Development Course
This is the perfect opportunity to explore the latest methodologies and breathe a fresh approach into your teaching. You will experience new techniques and activities that you can take home and put into practice in your own classes, and at the same time make new friends with others who teach around the world.
Each week will be a very full programme, but we hope you will have enough energy left to join in our exciting social programme and make the most of your time here in London. We offer these courses for individuals to join or we can organise closed groups.
What you will cover in week one
- Latest trends in ELT (English Language Teaching) theory and practice.
- Creative and communicative workshops.
- Development and analysis of language systems – grammar, lexis, phonology, – and new approaches to teaching those.
- Observations of qualified teachers of different level classes.
- Observed teaching practice with detailed feedback on the final day.
NB: Week one can be taken alone as a course
Week two with daily teaching practice
- Morning classes will focus on teaching receptive and productive skills followed by teaching practice each day with a multi-lingual class.
- Monday: How to make reading fun.
- Tuesday: New approaches to listening tasks.
- Wednesday: Getting your students writing.
- Thursday: Encourage your students to speak in class.
- Friday: Exploring your own professional development.
* NB: Week two can only taken together with week one, to make a two week course.
|General English (9:00-11:50am) 15 lessons|
|English Plus Module 1 (12:30-1:20pm) 5 lessons|
|English Plus Module 2 (1:30-2:20pm) 5 lessons|
|General English (2:30-4:10pm) 10 lessons|
|Class days*||Monday – Friday|
|Class times||9am – 2:20pm OR 9 – 11:50am & 2:30 – 4:10pm|
|No. of 50-minute lessons per week||25|
|Hours per week||20.8|
|Maximum Class size||15|
|Levels||Beginner – Advanced|